Did you know by registering your child for Free School Meals the academy receives extra money from the Government to support your child’s needs?
The Government gives extra money to schools and academies to help children in receipt of free school meals achieve their potential.
This funding is called Pupil Premium. The Academy of Saint Francis of Assisi receives £935 each year for each student in receipt of free school meals.
The money will be used to ensure your child makes progress.
If you live in Liverpool and receive any of the following benefits you can claim free school meals for your school-aged child.
- Income Support
- Income based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income related Employment Support Allowance
- Housing Benefit
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit – as long as you have a yearly household income of less than £16,190 (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs) and do not get Working Tax Credit
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit.
How to claim:
- If you are in receipt of Housing Benefit, your child should automatically be entitled to free school meals. If this isn’t the case, or you would like to check please call 0151 233 3009. There is a language line available.
- You can apply online by visiting http://liverpool.gov.uk/schools-and-learning/grants-and-funding/free-school-meals/application-form/
- You can visit your local one stop shop and they will help you complete the application.
Once you have your code, please give it to reception staff at the academy.
Registration is completely confidential and it will not affect any other benefits.
If you would like any further information or support, please contact the academy.
Either on 0151 260 7600 or email email@example.com